The teams for Friday night’s Round 5 fixtures of the United Rugby Championship have been named with all details of match officials and broadcast information below.
TEAM NEWS HEADLINES
- Aaron Shingler will make his 200th appearance, Rob Evans will make his 150th appearance and Steff Hughes will celebrate his 100th appearance.
- Rhyno Smith starts in the No 10 jersey after impressing in the role off the bench against Ospreys as the Italians bring a strong team to Wales.
- British & Irish Lions Ali Price and Zander Fagerson named in Glasgow Warriors starting XV.
- Leinster name 12 in the match day 23 from Ireland’s Autumn International Squad.
FRIDAY, 22ND OCTOBER
Scarlets Rugby v Benetton Rugby
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli – KO 19.35 IRE & UK / 20.35 ITA & SA
Referee: Chris Busby (IRFU, 13th league game)
AR 1: Rhys Jones (WRU) AR 2: Gareth Newman (WRU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)
Live on: S4C, Mediaset, Premier Sports 2 & URC TV.
Scarlets Rugby: Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer, Steff Hughes, Scott Williams (CAPT), Steff Evans, Dan Jones, Dane Blacker, Rob Evans, Marc Jones, Samson Lee, Sam Lousi, Jac Price, Aaron Shingler, Shaun Evans, Blade Thomson.
Replacements: Daf Hughes, Phil Price, Javan Sebastian, Lloyd Ashley, Iestyn Rees, Luke Davies, Angus O’Brien, Tom Rogers
Benetton Rugby: Andries Coetzee, Tommaso Menoncello, Ignacio Brex, Marco Zanon, Monty Ioane, Rhyno Smith, Dewaldt Duvenage (CAPT), Thomas Gallo, Hame Faiva, Tiziano Pasquali, Irné Herbst, Carl Wegner, Giovanni Pettinelli, Sebastian Negri, Abraham Steyn
Replacements: Giacomo Nicotera, Cherif Traore, Ivan Nemer, Federico Ruzza, Lorenzo Cannone, Callum Braley, Leonardo Marin, Luca Morisi
Scarlets Head Coach Dwayne Peel said: “Obviously the boys are hurting after the last two results, but with our internationals missing we have boys coming in who have trained hard and are deserving of an opportunity this weekend. There have been flashes of what we can offer in these four games. We have to show the desire to play and keep backing ourselves to play.”
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow – KO 19.35 IRE & UK / 20.35 ITA & SA
Referee: Craig Evans (WRU, 25th league game)
AR 1: Keith Allen (SRU) AR 2: David Sutherland (SRU)
TMO: Jon Mason (WRU)
Live on TG4, Premier Sports 1 & URC TV.
Glasgow Warriors: Ross Thompson, Kyle Steyn, Sione Tuipulotu, Sam Johnson, Rufus McLean, Duncan Weir, Ali Price; Jamie Bhatti, Johnny Matthews, Zander Fagerson, Rob Harley, Richie Gray, Ryan Wilson (CAPT), Rory Darge, Jack Dempsey.
Replacements: George Turner, Oli Kebble, Enrique Pieretto, Lewis Bean, Matt Fagerson, George Horne, Nick Grigg, Cole Forbes.
Leinster Rugby: Hugo Keenan, Adam Byrne, Garry Ringrose, Ciarán Frawley, James Lowe, Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath (CAPT), Cian Healy, Rónan Kelleher, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, Ryan Baird, Caelan Doris, Dan Leavy, Jack Conan.
Replacements: Dan Sheehan, Ed Byrne, Michael Ala’alatoa, Devin Toner, Rhys Ruddock, Jamison Gibson-Park, Jamie Osborne, Josh van der Flier.
Glasgow Warriors Head Coach Danny Wilson said: “We’re pleased to be able to welcome our British and Irish Lions back for tomorrow’s match. Both Ali [Price] and Zander [Fagerson] have trained well since returning to our environment and both men are eager to play their part for the team. Leinster will be a big test for our squad – they’ve been the benchmark for the rest of the competition in recent years and we know they’ll present a physical challenge tomorrow night. It’s important for us to finish this first block of fixtures in the right manner, and we want to build on our three straight wins ahead of the international window.”
- URC – Starting rugby teams and coaches comments from every game
- Video highlights – Connacht beat Munster
- IRFU All-Ireland League – Energia All-Ireland League Men’s Divisions Round-Up
- Video Highlights – IRFU All-Ireland League – Energia All-Ireland League Women’s Division Round-Up
- All the facts fans need to know for Connacht v Munster